- Prepare an outline and discuss with your merit badge counselor
what a family is and how the actions of one member can affect
- List 10 reasons why you are important to your family. Review
these points with your parents or guardians and with your merit badge counselor.
- Prepare a list of your regular home duties or chores (at least five) and do them for
90 days. Keep a record of how often you do each of them.
- With the approval of your parent/guardians and your merit badge counselor,
decide on and carry out a project that you would do around the house that would
benefit the family. Submit a report to your merit badge counselor outlining how the
project benefited the family.
- Plan and carry out a project that involves the participation of your family. After
carrying out the project, discuss the following with your merit badge counselor:
- The objective or goal of the project.
- How individual members of your family participated
- The results of the project
- Do the following:
- Discuss with your merit badge counselor how to plan and carry out a family
- After this discussion, plan and carry out a family discussion to include the
- How to avoid the use of drugs and drug abuse.
- Understand the growing-up process, how the body changes and
making responsible decisions dealing with sex.
- Personal and family finances