- Meet age requirements. Be a boy who has
completed the fifth grade or is 11 years old,
or has earned the Arrow of Light Award
but is under 18 years old.
- Complete a Boy Scout application and
health history signed by your parent or
- Find a Scout troop near your home.
- Repeat the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Demonstrate the Scout sign, salute, and handshake.
- Demonstrate tying the square knot (a joining knot).
- Understand and agree to live by the Scout Oath or promise,
Law, motto, and slogan, and the Outdoor Code.
- Describe the Scout badge.
- Complete the pamphlet exercises. With your parent or guardian,
complete the exercises in the pamphlet How to Protect Your
Children from Child Abuse: A Parent's Guide
- Participate in a Scoutmaster conference. Turn in you r Boy
Scout application and health history form signed by your parent
or guardian, then participate in a Scoutmaster conference.