- Be active in your troop or patrol for at least
4 months as a First Class Scout.
- Demonstrate scout spirit by living the Scout
Oath (Promise) and Scout Law in your
- Earn six merit badges, including four from
the required list for Eagle.( The required list for Eagle has 15 merit badges in 12
categories. Any of the 15 may be used for this requirement.)
- While a First Class Scout, take part in service projects totaling at
least 6 hours of work. These projects must be approved by your
- While a First Class Scout, serve actively 4 months in one or
more of the following positions of responsibility (or carry out a
Scoutmaster-assigned leadership project to help the troop);
Boy Scout troop: Patrol leader, assistant senior patrol leader,
senior patrol leader, troop guide, den chief, bugler, scribe,
librarian, historian, quartermaster, junior assistant scoutmaster,
chaplain aide, instructor, or Venture crew chief.
Varsity Scout team: Captain, cocaptain, program manager,
squad leader, team secretary, librarian, quartermaster, chaplain
aide, instructor, or den chief.
- Take part in a Scoutmaster conference.
- Complete your board of review.